Sunday, December 7, 2008

Portrait Society of Canada - Miracle of the Portrait Gala

Last night was the gala and award ceremony for the Portrait Society of Canada's Miracle of the Portrait. I am so excited to announce that my painting "Craig" won third prize in the competition! Here are some photos from the night that were taken by my sister, Jessica Gordon. (best sister in the world, and best illustrator too:)












Typical Kristy shot - it's me in the bathroom before we make our big entry



























receiving my prize:)














This is a crazy shot. Jessica's the best photographer ever:)

























me and Juan Martinez talking to Theresa Kowall-Shipp and Susan Tonna from Star Portraits during the gala

























standing by the painting Yuqi had done in Santa Fe, but brought up for the conference.













Me with master painter Yuqi Wang:)















































































the award winners (left to right Marina Dieul, Mahmoud Meraji, Katherine Stone, and me)
































The top finalists




































Here's a photo of all the judges. From left to right - Juan Martinez, Marjorie Morton, Gwenneth Barth, Morton Harris, Irena Korosec, Yuqi Wang, Veronica Tsyglan, Dan Thompson

12 comments:

Johnnie Sielbeck said...

Congratulations, Kristy!!! And thanks to your sister for the great photos. What a thrill and what a fantastic portrait! All the best...

Nicolas Martinez said...

Congratulations, Kristy! You've earned being among the elite group of painters.

Peggi Habets Studio said...

Congratulations, Kristy! Craig is a wondrful painting, I learned a lot from your post on that one. I recognized Marina Dieul in the photo. She does some wonderful children's pastels and oils as well.

Kristy Gordon said...

Awww, thanks guys!!!! :)

Jessica Rae Gordon said...

Thanks for the big shout out Kristy! And I'm so glad I was there to see you get this award.

Alvin Richard said...

What an honor, BRAVO!

Vanwall said...

Congrats, Kristy, you deserve any plaudits! Excellent!

Good thing sis was there to snap polaroids for us, too. ;-)

Trevor Thompson said...

I've always wondered why when artists get together they still opt to go with a boring old black dress or tie and jacket.

You're an artist! Dress your body like it was a canvas!!

Actually, I'm only joshing. Congrats on the prize! You deserve it.

- trevor.

Amir Avni said...

Congratulations Kristy!
How was your first term at OCAD?

Jessica said...

OH MY GOD! YOUR SOO AMAZING!!!
CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS!
Im so happy for you!!!!
Hope your still loving Toronto!
XOX
Jessy

Lauren Andersson said...

Thats super Kristy!! Congatulations!!

Hobo Divine said...

Congratulations Kristy!

I have a funny feeling I will be writing that a lot!!!

:D